Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Captain's Log, Supplemental

The first day passed, and I seem to be well grounded in my sanity. Although, there must be some sort of endorphin release when one gets to walk around in sunny Los Angeles on a gorgeous week day such as this one. I let my mind wander to my friends who were spending the day up in fluorescent-washed offices. It was some sort of surreal, hallucinogenic place to be in. Sauntering around in the late morning is also more of a temptation to solicit the Green Lady, when you realize how great it is to sit around and stare in every direction, listen to the wind, absorb some sunlight... on weed!

As I write, I am sitting and staring at a little package I am intending to send to my sister. Since I am a considerate and compassionate sibling, I got into the habit of rolling up a tasty treat, and sending it to her in a satisfactorally sealed package. To avoid any "Imperial entanglements" I address the package to "Able Rawley" from "R. Gustav." I consider myself clever, but I just may be lucky that no U.S. Postal worker gets wise to the idea (or isn't paid well enough to care about doing their job well). It's good that my last vestage of Herbifiable temptation is inaccessible: sealed within several layers of packing.

Also, my wayward co-worker and subletter, Chet, brought home a 24 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon, pushing the intensity of enticement even further. Ahhhh PBR. The memories: the long poker nights, the shitty beer and the endless hookas! That's hookas, not hookers.

I do feel as though I owe an apology, however. Two (count them) of my fellow scalawags are having birthdays this month. And, obligatorally, parties full of debauchery and mayhem are bound to ensue. I must say, that the decision of which month to try out this scheme was arrived at arbitrarily and it happens to be an unhappy coincidence that their parents' decided to fuck in July. Hey baby, hate the game, not the player.

Oh, yeah... and St. Paddy's Day is in March too. Goddamn it. It's going to start feeling like I've just had my wisdom teeth pulled, and I'm forced to sit down to dinner with 10 other people; gazing longingly for even the smallest taste... or maybe that's why God made the contact high.

4 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Target said...

I doubt it's that hard. I've pretty certain I do completely sober months by accident. I applaud the effort though. Also, what's your new job.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone questioned casey's fundies. someone said, "yeah, you got a big ole brain, you got theories... ideas, even, but you can't see the truth for the fucking plume of smoke that surrounds you. how do you know you hate capitalism? how do you know you reject jesus christ and all of his works? how do you know you hate consumption, media, the left, the right, stylish shoes, and the christification of the people's will? All you do is wade around drunk on the devil's doing, using your eighty dollar a week weed habit to hypothesize and beat your drums and you know what... reality isn't listening!"
to which i rebut...
the lord works in mysterious, insidious, deviant, soul stealing, teetotaling ways, swathing the herd in the confines of reality which become no less a prison then the one to which you previously escaped.
...do not go gently into that false prophet's light...

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous bryon said...

special note everyone....select "other" under "choose an identity" if you wanna identify yrself.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Sir Richard Cranium said...

Contact High? Thats just something we "indulgers" use to make those who are not wasted a little more willing to be around us. Or to notbe a "buzz kill" which is a very real thing.

And as for the apologies...A designated driver who is actually part of your inner circle is much better than some douchebag you had to bring along for just that purpose. So seems you are off the hook...but for how long?!?!?!?!? And will we see more work in the vein of Street Fighter essays or will they just fade away like those forgotten hangovers? Will your shoes be timed just right so that the digital truly represents the reality? or will they too begin to change? will red continue being red, or will it resemble yellow? will beef (haha, jk) still taste like beef, or more like chicken? will 6pm ever come so that I can get out of this flickering flourescent hell?

One thing is for sure... you will get higher than you can remember for some time come april 1st. maybe we'll give you some orregano in the hopes that you can't remember what yr old friend tasted like. ahh how fun that april fools is gonna fall right at the end of this...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home